I've been tagged...twice!
First off, Hamlette gave me the Sunflower Blogger Award. Wasn't that nice? ;)
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions set by your Nomination Blogger
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Set questions for the nominated bloggers.
1. If I'd been a boy, my name still would have been Hayden.
2. The only Disney animated movies that I haven't seen (not counting sequels, TV specials, Pixar, and such) are: Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Footloose and Fancy Free, The Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron, and Atlantis.
3. Out of all the ones I have seen, those I've seen in the theater were: Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King (both IMAX re-releases) Fantasia 2000, The Emperor's New Groove, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen. (I also have a vague memory of seeing Tarzan in the theater, but no one else seems to remember it, so maybe I just imagined it...)
4. As I think I've mentioned before in another tag, my first movie crush was Aladdin's dad in Aladdin and the King of Thieves. My second was Han Solo...so apparently I've always had a thing for older guys. Then again, thinking of some of my other favorite movie heroes (Flynn Rider and Robin Hood, to name two) maybe I just like thieves....I need to go rethink my life now.
5. To keep our drinks apart, each of us kids used to have a different color cup; now we each have a different Avenger. I have a Hawkeye cup.
6. I'm a huge fan of teamwork stories about people who may not like each other at first, but have to learn to work together...that's probably why I love Lord of the Rings and The Avengers so much! And Doctor Who and Sherlock, too...I just really like friendship stories :)
7. My favorite Bible character has always been Joseph (of the coat of many colors). He was so honorable, and his story has so many plot twists and is better than any novel. It's proof that God always has a plan!
8. I think one of the funniest movie quotes is, "I must meet this man." And if you're not laughing, you must not have seen Secondhand Lions. (Great movie, by the way- but watch on Clearplay. There's a lot of language.)
9. When my sister was born, I wanted my parents to name her Sparkles. They went with Emily instead. But a few years years later, when Emmie and I were little and playing house, she'd drive me crazy because she always wanted to be named Sparkles and I kept telling her it WASN'T A REAL NAME. Yes, I had no memory of my earlier taste in monikers.
10. I just bought my first stock art photo for use in Hidden Pearl's cover! I thought I was almost done with the story's editing...until I realized I had skipped a whole section that I was going to majorly re-work. *sigh* It still should be done fairly soon...definitely this year.
11. Despite my love of chocolate, I actually really love yellow cake, even more than chocolate cake. Not to say I'm never in the mood for chocolate cake, but nothing beats yellow birthday cake with sweet buttercream icing!
And Hamlette's questions:
1. If you had to spend the rest of your life in a different century of Earth's past, where would you spend it? I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to modern conveniences, so I would say the 20th century. But since I technically *was* a part of that century, I'll say something different...the 1800s. Lots of interesting stuff going on then...and I'd still have Jane Austen and after a certain point, Charles Dickens.
2. What's your favorite salad dressing? Ranch, but I also like Honey Mustard if there's chicken on the salad. :)
3. What's the worst movie (that you liked least) you saw in 2013? I'd have to go with Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Was not a huge fan of that one.
4. Do you paint your toenails? Yes.
5. What are your three favorite TV shows? Doctor Who, Sherlock, and...hmmm. Monk, maybe?
6. Are there any books or movies you own more than one copy of? If so, what are they? yes- I own two copies of Little Women because my sister felt sorry for me and got me a new one because the cover came off my old one. I also own three or four copies of Pride and Prejudice, mainly because people would give us books and somehow that one always managed to be in the pile. Not that I'm complaining, of course.
And here are my questions:
1. What are you wearing right now?
2. Which Bible character do you most identify with? (not your favorite Bible character, but the one you most relate to)
3. What's the hardest thing- physically/athletically- that you've ever done?
4. What's the oddest food you've ever eaten?
5. What is your favorite Disney song?
6. What's a surprise book you found that you'd thought you'd dislike but ended up really enjoying?
And I'm tagging: (11 is a lot...so I'm only tagging five people)
1. Emily at Forget-Me-Nots
2. Jessica Greyson at Safirewriter
3. Anne-girl at Scribblings of my Pen and Tappings of my Keyboard
4. Payton at All Things Bright and Beautiful
5. Charity U at Austenitis
And I received the Liebster award from Elizabeth Lindsay!
Here are the questions: